This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Courses are run regularly in the weekdays, weekend, evenings and on customized timing based on your needs.
Once you enroll, we would share our upcoming schedule with you and you can join any class you like or request a new class based on your schedule.
This enrollment is valid for 6 months, which means you have flexibility to complete this class on your schedule.
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe® enterprise
- Applying SAFe® Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe® Release Train Engineers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe®
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: SASM 4 = 42 out of 60 (70%); SASM 5 = 44 out of 60 (73%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
|Activity Number||SAFeAdvanced||Duration||2 days|