SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager 5.0 (POPM) Certification Course
Time: 9 AM to 5 PM CST
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
- Applying SAFe® in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe® environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
- SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam -or- SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager course
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: POPM4 = 35 out of 45 (77%); POPM5 = 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMIACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
|Activity Number||SAFePO/PM||Duration||2 days|
- 15 or more days prior to class, 100% refund of tuition.
- 8-15 days prior to class, no refund, but may reschedule another class within one year of the cancellation date.
- 7 days or less from the course start date, neither refund of tuition nor any rescheduling allowed. No changes are allowed to make.
- In the event any cancellation occurred due to low enrollment or unforeseen natural events, we will issue a 100% refund.