Leading SAFe® / SAFe® Agilist Certification Course
Applying a Lean-Agile mindset with SAFe® 5 Agilist Certification based on version 5.0 of SAFe®
During this two-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by using the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who Will Benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe® Certification Kit
- SAFe® Agilist certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Renewal fee is $100
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Agilist Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access:Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: SA4 = 34 out of 45 (75% passing score); SA5 = 35 out of 45 (77% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Activity Number ABOYTD2 Duration 2 days PMI Certification Technical Leadership Strategic Total PMP® 6 6 3 15 PgMP® 6 6 3 15 PMI_RMP® 6 6 3 15 PMI_SP® 0 6 3 9 PMI_ACP® 6 6 3 15 PfMP® 0 6 3 9 PMI_PBAsm 0 6 3 9
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
In order to provide the most experienced instructors and a superior classroom environment, we must ask you to adhere to our cancellation policy. If it is necessary to cancel or reschedule this registration, please notify us immediately. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 15 or more days prior to class, 100% refund of tuition.
- 8-15 days prior to class, no refund, but may reschedule another class within one year of the cancellation date.
- 7 days or less from the course start date, neither refund of tuition nor any rescheduling allowed. No changes are allowed to make.
- In the event any cancellation occurred due to low enrollment or unforeseen natural events, we will issue a 100% refund.
- What tools do we utilize during the remote sessions?
We utilize a combination of Zoom and Miro Board.
- Does the enrollment fee include the exam fee?
The enrollment fee includes the first exam attempt.
- When can I take the exam?
You can take the exam within 30 days from the course completion date.
- When will we restart our On-site sessions?
Currently, because of the COVID-19 situation all our classes are held online. We will start on-site sessions on August 2nd.
- Which SAFe Certification Course is right for me?
Please visit this link
- Do we offer a group discount?
Yes! We offer a group discount. The Group price will appear after you attempt to enroll.
- How can I schedule a private event?
Yes! Please visit this link
- Can I claim PDUs and SEUs ?
Yes! The PDUs vary depend on the class you take. Please ask us about the PDU claim code.
- Can I finance my ticket?
Yes you can! Please select PayPal when you checkout then select Paypal Credit!
- Are our instructors outsourced from different countries?
No! All of our instructors are in North America.
- What type of credit card do we accept?
We accept all kinds of credit cards and you have the option to checkout via Paypal.
- When do we close the enrollment ?
1 hour before the starting time of the class.
- Do I have to be in the same city to take a remote class?
No! Anyone is welcome to enroll in our live remote training sessions.
- Why is the timezone in CST?
Because we are based in Dallas, Texas. Click here to convert to your local time.
- Can I retake the class if I joined in a remote session?
Attendees that have enrolled in our remote training sessions are welcome to retake the class on-site. However, the class will run in limited cities.
- Where can I take the exam?
You can take the exam online, from anywhere you have an internet access.